Visiting Partners Program Application and Admissions
Interested candidates should submit an application directly to the VPP Program Coodinator, Christopher Godwin, using the contact information on the right. Currently, applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, so there are no deadlines at this time. The preferred method of submission is electronic, i.e., as an attachment to an e-mail consisting of a single PDF file into which all of the required submission materials have been included. Printed (hard copy) applications also will be accepted. The application form in available for download in PDF and MS-Word formats, or can be obtained by contacting Dr. Godwin. The application form must be completed in its entirety. In addition to providing contact information, the application form will guide you through 10 inquiries including a description of your:
- Professional and personal OEHS interests
- Intended work-related OEHS project
- Professional and educational development (current curriculum vitae / resume)
- Community and professional support (a letter of from your employer, if applicable)
Successful applicants will be notified by the program coordinator.
Visit our Faculty page in order to get a better sense of the interests of faculty affiliated with the Center who may be available to mentor or collaborate with you on a project.
In selecting candidates for the Visiting Partners Program, the program admissions committee, which is composed of the VPP Program Manager and University of Michigan faculty leading the various programs housed under COHSE, looks for applicants with demonstrable leadership potential who:
- Are highly motivated
- Have the enthusiastic support of the current employer
- Articulate a well-conceived project that will enhance the further incorporation of OEHS into their professional work
- Have the potential to advance their own career opportunities
- Leverage the opportunities for collaboration with UM faculty