Student Funding

Tuition and Stipend Support

The Center for Occupational Health and Safety Engineering receives student funding support from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. All students who are U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents and are admitted to a graduate degree program in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Epidemiology, Occupational Health Nursing and Occupational Safety Engineering are automatically considered for funding. Funding may include partial to full tuition award, travel and a monthly stipend. No additional application is necessary.

Collaborative Research Training (CRT)

Funding is available for graduate students at the University of Michigan in Chemistry, Engineering or other departments whose research is relevant to NORA-related areas.

Interdisciplinary Research Training (IRT)

Funding packages are awarded on a competitive basis to incoming doctoral students in the ERC’s core programs (Industrial Hygiene (IH), Occupational Epidemiology (OE), Occupational Health Nursing (OHN), and Occupational Safety Engineering (OSE)) who intend to focus their research on occupational health and safety.