Ergonomics Principles for Workplace Assessment and Design, will be offered as an in-person event. *Scholarships are available for people from small and medium-sized Michigan companies. The course topics include:
- Analysis and Design of Jobs for Control of Upper Extremity Musculoskeletal Disorders (Sheryl Ulin, Ph.D., CPE)
- Medical Aspects of Ergonomics Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (Robert Werner, M.D.)
- Ergonomics and Office Work Station Design (Teresa Bellingar, Ph.D., CPE)
- Manual Materials Handling and its Effects on the Back and Shoulder (Bernard Martin, Ph.D.)
- Overview of Wearable Motion Sensing and Exoskeletons for Workplace Documentation, Analysis and Design (Leia Stirling, Ph.D.)
- Integrating Ergonomics in Business (Robert Fox, Ph.D., CPE)
- Conducting Ergonomic Job Analyses (Sheryl Ulin, Ph.D., CPE)
- Job Analysis Case Studies (Sheryl Ulin, Ph.D., CPE)
* Scholarships are funded through a Consultation Education and Training (CET) Grant awarded to the University of Michigan by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA). MIOSHA is part of the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO).
Dates: May 24-25, 2023
Location: In-person at The Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor, MI
To reserve a room: To book online, please go to: The Kensington Hotel or call (734) 761-7800. The room rate is $139.00 per night plus tax.
People who will benefit from attending this course: Engineers, workers, safety professionals, skilled trades, human resources professionals, industrial hygienists, managers, supervisors and occupational health nurses can all benefit from this program. Previous course attendees have been from a wide variety of industries and job descriptions. Anyone who is interested in understanding the principles of ergonomic job analysis and design should attend this program. People with and without prior experience or knowledge of ergonomics have found this course very beneficial.
Fee: $550.00 – Early Bird Registration (until April 20, 2023); $600.00 – Regular Registration
A limited number of Consultation Education and Training grant funded scholarships are available for $100.00 (see below). To apply for a scholarship email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name, Company Name, Company Address, Title, Number of Employees in Organization.
Registration: Pre-registration is required and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The fee covers course materials, continental breakfast, break refreshments and lunch on the two days of the program. If you need assistance with registration, please call 734-763-2243.
Cancellation notification must be received no later than April 24, 2023 in order to qualify for a refund, less a $100 administrative fee. Substitute attendees are welcome. In the unlikely event that the program must be cancelled, the entire submitted registration fee will be refunded without further liability on the part of the organizers.
Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are available, upon prior request, to individuals with disabilities.
Scholarships: A limited number of partial scholarships are being provided by a Consultation Education and Training (CET) Grant awarded to the University of Michigan by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA). MIOSHA is part of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). Scholarships are limited to individuals from small and medium sized businesses (generally fewer than 250 employees) in the State of Michigan. Scholarships will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with the sponsors reserving the right to limit the number of scholarship recipients from any single organization in order to serve as many Michigan organizations as possible. The partial scholarship does not cover costs associated with travel expenses and are granted conditionally upon the receipt of a non-refundable $100 fee to defray lunch and refreshment costs.
Email email@example.com to see if you qualify for the scholarship. Include the following information: Name, Company Name, Company Address, Title, Number of Employees in your Company. If you are granted a scholarship, you will be emailed a promotion code to receive the rate of $100.
Accreditation: The University of Michigan has accredited this course for 1.3 CEUs, program #23.01. This course contains 13 hours of technical contact time that can be claimed for CM credit.
Course Comments from Former Attendees
- “Very impressive Information delivery and discussions with experts.”
- “Great workshop!”
- “Great course!”
- “Excellent conference. It was just what I was looking for—thank you!”
- “Loved that along with the knowledge shared, the fact that you had practical applications and tools to share made it so much more relatable.”
- “Excellent program. As a supplier of ergonomic lifting devices I came here to be more conversant in our customers’ concerns. It worked!”
- “Thank you! Very informational! Very good speakers!”
- “Very good conference. Enlightened of additional human positions to safeguard against.”
- “Program was very well put together. The progression of topics/ content was helpful to see the whole ergonomics process.”
- “Very impactful, relevant, and enlightening. Great networking opportunity and lessons learned.”
- “Training was great! Very knowledgeable, well-renowned presenters with a great breadth and variety of knowledge. Really well-suited training for many different professionals in a variety of industries and backgrounds.”
- “Excellent workshop- both presentations and materials”
- “I really enjoyed the pace of this program for the two days. The presenters were very knowledgeable and were able to transfer their knowledge to those of us in the class. Thank you.”
- “Excellent program, learned lots of new information as well as a validation of what I currently teach. Speakers were amazing and provided very high level of expertise”
- “Best class that I’ve ever taken for training”
- “Workshop was great. I learned a lot and am excited to take what I have learned back to the workplace”
- “Very good program”