Register for our Fall 2022 course Now!
Co-Sponsored with the Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society
Dates: February 8, 2022 – April 12, 2022
Every Tuesday and Thursday – 12-2PM EST
Recorded presentations available for six months after course completion.
This course provides an intensive, high-level review of a wide range of industrial hygiene (IH) topics by a panel of 14 experts and has gained the reputation of being one of the premier courses for individuals who are preparing to take the BGC/ABIH certification exam or looking to broaden or refresh their IH knowledge base.
Course Delivery Description
The content will be delivered synchronously on Tuesdays and Thursdays (12noon – 2pm EST*) from February 8, 2022 – April 12, 2022. Recorded presentations available for six months after course completion. Please note: Schedule subject to change.
Presentations will be recorded and available asynchronously for 6 months after the course ends.
Digital notes will be provided to attendees (This will be a pdf file that allows keyword searches, adding notes, highlighting text, etc. with extensive bookmarks.).
Certificates of attendance will be available if all program modules are completed.
- Comprehensive Review of IH: 18 unique presentations cover all 17 rubrics defined by BGC/ABIH for the CIH exam
- Recorded presentations available for six months after course completion
- Highly Qualified Instructors 14 topic experts comprising of University of Michigan faculty and seasoned IH professionals / trainers combine technical knowledge with dynamic teaching skills to convey the salient aspects of each subject area
- Become better prepared to sit for the ABIH CIH exam with Quizzes (pre and post presentations) help you to test your retention of knowledge and skills for each topic
- Problem Solving sessions walk you through calculations for representative exam-style questions on topics such as ventilation, air sampling, and statistical data analysis
- Ethics session included
- Continuing Education Credit includes 37 Technical Contact Hours, 35 for IH Area and 2 for IH Ethics Area
- DataChem test preparation software trial and 15% discount available
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we reserve the right to make changes if needed. The presentations on Non-Ionizing Radiation and Personal Protective Equipment will not be recorded. However, the presenter’s notes are excellent if you are unable to attend the live presentations.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Industrial Hygiene, EHS, Safety, Environmental, Occupational Health Nurse professionals and anyone interested in enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals and concepts of Industrial Hygiene. Attendees must have a basic knowledge of mathematics and chemistry.
Fourteen subject-matter experts teach the content of this course.
*Speakers are subject to change
At the conclusion of this course, participants should have achieved or obtained the following:
- Better preparation to sit for the ABIH CIH exam
- Refreshed understanding of the key elements of IH practice
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses in all aspects of Comprehensive IH
- Improved study and test-taking skills
- Expanded network of professional contacts
- An extensive, annotated set of notes on all topics covered in the course
- Improved appreciation for the canons of ethical conduct in the IH profession
- Electronic handouts of the complete course materials are included in the course fee and will be available to download.
COURSE DIRECTORS AND PLANNERS
Edward T. Zellers, PhD, Professor and Director of the Graduate –Level Industrial Hygiene Program, University of Michigan
Sheryl S. Ulin, PhD, CPE, Director of Continuing Education and Outreach for the Center for Occupational Health and Safety Engineering, University of Michigan
William Kilgore, C.I.H., Senior Manager of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, General Motors – Retired and Past President, Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society
|Early-bird Registration (before December 27, 2021)||$ 1100|
|Regular Registration (after December 28, 2021)||$1200|
| Electronic Handout||included|
| Cancellation (before January 3, 2022)||$100|
| Substitute Attendees||no charge|
TRANSFERS, SUBSTITUTIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
All cancellations and/or substitution requests must be received in writing.
- Substitutions may be made at anytime
- Cancellations received by January 3, 2022 will be given a refund minus a $100 cancellation fee
- Any cancellation received after January 4, 2022 will not receive a refund
- If you fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire course registration fee
While unlikely, the University of Michigan COHSE reserves the right to cancel a course. In the event of a cancellation, a full refund of the registration fee will be issued.
This course has previously been awarded certification maintenance points by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH).
Questions? Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-763-2243
Course Comments from Former Attendees
- “This course was the foundation and primary means of my review and studying and it seems like that was the right way to go! I’ll be highly recommending it to anybody I know prepping for the exam.
- “The course was very informative and provided a great comprehensive overview of industrial hygiene. The subject matter experts delivering the information were well educated and prepared to answer questions which were presented. The reputation this course has as being the best in the country was upheld this week. I feel like I can now begin to study for my CIH exam.”
- “This course was a fantastic learning experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone preparing for the CIH exam.”
- “This course’s strength is the depth of knowledge of the instructors as compared to other courses. Also, with many instructors, it’s easier to pay attention.”
- “The faculty for this course are truly of premier quality; their ability to convey such a wealth of knowledge both efficiently and effectively is amazing. This was not only a review, but a true learning experience.”
- “Would definitely recommend this course for anyone interested in taking the CIH exam.
- “Overall, a great combination of different speakers/presenters all of which are experts in their fields. I would recommend this course to all industrial hygienists whether or not they planned on studying for the CIH exam.”
- “In general, I feel like I really understand the CIH exam better. I still need to put study time in–but I’m better prepared to prepare. Excellent course–Thank you!”