OCTOBER 14 – DECEMBER 31
Jointly provided by:
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN)
This course consists of lectures to provide the occupational health nurse with knowledge needed to assess the physical health status of individuals specific to a variety of occupational health settings. Body organs and systems to be covered include: the skin, head, ears, eyes, nose, throat and the respiratory, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and neurological systems. Information related to collecting a medical history, documenting findings and adherence to HIPAA regulations will also be included.
- Virtual hybrid course
- Asynchronous lectures released on October 14, 2022
- Three “Discussion with the Instructor” sessions via Zoom
- Recorded lectures and notes are hosted in Canvas, a learning management system. Lectures cannot be downloaded. However, the presentation notes can be downloaded.
Who Should Attend
This program is intended for occupational health nurses or other clinicians who provide direct health care services for workers. This program should be particularly valuable for service providers staffing medical stations or clinics within worksite facilities or plants.
Course Schedule and General Information
Discussion with the Instructor on Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 6-7:30pm ESTTopics include:
- General Approaches
- Dermatologic System
Discussion with the Instructor on Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 6-7:30pm EST
- Cardiovascular & Peripheral Vascular System
- Respiratory System
- Gastrointestinal Systems
Discussion with the Instructor on Thursday, November 10, 2022 from 6-7:30pm EST
- Musculoskeletal Assessment
- Neurological Assessment
- Putting It All Together
Discussion with Instructor includes:
- Question and Answer session
- Case studies
- Supplementary material
The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. (AAOHN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.The American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc. is additionally approved as a CNE provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (#CEP9283).This course was approved for 19.25 CNE credits.To receive a Certificate of Completion for this course, attendees must attest to completing all of the presentations, discussion sessions, reading materials and assignments.
Regular registration: $700
Early-bird registration: $600 until September 23, 2022
Written cancellation notification must be received no later than October 8, 2022 in order to qualify for a refund, less $75.00 administrative fee. Substitute attendees are welcome. In the unlikely event that this program must be cancelled, the entire submitted registration fee will be refunded without further liability on the part of the organizers.
Course Comments from Former Attendees
- “Great information for the occupational health nursing setting.”
- “I always love a great review – this was amazing!”
- “This was a good review of an overall head to toe assessment.”
- “I will start doing more comprehensive assessments.”
- “Excellent! Great review. Learned a lot! Great resources!”
- “Great information, reviews, updates, and new assessment tips.”
- “This was a wonderful seminar I would recommend to any nurse I know. Great info from everyone. I learned a lot of new useful techniques.”
- “I am new to occupational nursing. This presentation provided very thorough assessment information that I can use in both my occupational health job and as my ER nursing role, too.”
- “Very appropriate to my clinical setting.”
- “The presenters gave good information references from textbooks, slides, and personal work experiences.”
- “I feel like I have more assessment tools to help me better evaluate employees/patients so that I can more quickly recognize possible referral needs.”
- “I can be more confident with the assessments. Excellent info and presentations.”
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 734-763-2243.